Longwood Brewery approached us to create unique brands for each of their beers.
We created the name Stoutnik for their Russian Imperial Stout. It seemed a fitting choice for a beer as dark as space itself.
The packaging design features a matte black bottle, prismatic foil stamp on the logo and wordmark, and an embossed Morse Code story about the beer.
- Applied Arts Magazine – Winner of a 2013 Applied Arts Award in the Wine/Beer/Spirits category
- The DieLine – Winner of a 2013 Package Design Award in the Beer & Malt Beverages category
- Lotus Awards – Winner of the 2013 Lotus Award for Packaging Design
- Oh Beautiful Beer
- For Print Only
- UC.Quarterly – print publication, produced by Under Consideration. Full page spread can be seen here.
- The Fox Is Black
- Blur Group
- Packaging of the World
- 100 Days of Packaging
- Inside Packaging – full article can be seen here
- The Province – voted #2 craft beer packaging design in BC by a poll of 569 beer geeks
- Finalist in the Packaging Design category of the 2013 Redgees (Canadian Regional Design Awards)
- Featured in an article in the April 2014 issue of Package Design Magazine
- Silver in the Packaging category of the 2014 Summit Creative Awards
- Ranked in the top 10 BC beer labels in The Province’s Brewd Awakening Year In Beer Poll 2014
See the other brands that we created for Longwood Brewery: