- 2017 Beer Me BC People’s Choice Awards: Best Packaging Design, for our work with Driftwood Brewing
- The 2016 DieLine Awards Outstanding Achievement for a series of five Driftwood Brewing labels, (Obscuritas, Raised by Wolves, Old Cellar Dweller, De Auras, and Son of the Morning)
- 2016 Applied Arts Illustration Award for a series of five Driftwood Brewing labels: (Obscuritas, Raised by Wolves, Old Cellar Dweller, De Auras, and Son of the Morning)
- 1st Place, CAMRA Vancouver Award for Best BC Beer Label Artwork, 2016 (for Old Cellar Dweller)
- 1st Place, CAMRA Vancouver Award for Best BC Beer Label Artwork, 2015 (for Fat Tug)
- 2014 Communication Arts Award of Excellence in the category of Packaging Design (for Coven Vodka)
- Bonamici Cellars was awarded two awards in the Wine Packaging Design section of the 2014 Los Angeles International Wine Competition:
– GOLD in the category of Art/Illustration (“Use of original illustration as the driving element of the package design”)
– SILVER in the category of Modern Classic (“Best modern interpretation of a traditional style”)
- Summit Creative Award in the category of Packaging (Silver for Stoutnik and Bronze for Bonamici Cellars), 2014
- The 2014 DieLine Award in the category of Packaging Design for Spirits (for Coven Vodka)
- 2014 Applied Arts Award in the category of Packaging Design for Beer/Wine/Spirits (for Coven Vodka)
- 2014 Redgees finalist in the category of Packaging Design (for Stoutnik)
- 2013 Applied Arts Award in the category of Packaging Design for Beer/Wine/Spirits (for Stoutnik)
- The 2013 DieLine Award in the category of Packaging Design for Beer & Malt Beverages (for Stoutnik)
- 2013 Lotus Award in the Packaging Design category (for Stoutnik)
- Montana Craft Brewer’s Conference, Missoula MT, 2018: Presentation on How Craft Breweries Can Stand Out In A Homogenous Market
- Middle America Beverage Expo, St. Louis, 2018: Presentation on Branding Diversity Among Craft Breweries
- Vancouver Island University Graphic Design Program 2018 Grad Show, Keynote Address
- Paper Specs webinar, “Alluring Labels: How HP Digital Printing Can Transform Brands
- “Art of the Beer Label” event at Victoria Beer Week, 2016, presentation and panel discussion
- LAUNCH! Career Development Conference 2016, hosted by the GDC, presentation on Specialization and Packaging Design
- Make! Conference 2014, in Madison, WI, presentation on Packaging Design
- Vancouver Island University Graphic Design Department, presentation on Packaging Design, 2013
- Vancouver Island University Graphic Design Department, presentation on Packaging Design, 2012
- Pecha Kucha, Victoria, 2011
The White Bark Wit label that we designed for Driftwood Brewery was featured in a special edition of TIME Magazine.
Decibel Magazine interviewed Richard about the metal beer labels he has designed for Driftwood Brewing.
Six of our branding & packaging design projects were published in Los Logos 8, along with a full interview about our studio and our process. The book is “his expertly curated collection is both a guide to the latest innovations and a prognostication of coming trends” and is available on Amazon.
In-depth interview on ThirstyBastards.com about our work with Driftwood Brewery.
Long-form interview with Leif by the Food Bloggers of Canada about our involvement in branding and design for the alcohol industry.
Great article from How Magazine exploring the history of our studio, our decision to specialize, and our growth over the last few years.
Richard and Leif were interviewed for an article in Metro News, The Art Of Brewing.
ShawTV feature on our studio:
Richard’s article, Beyond All Boundaries: Don’t Get Boxed in When Designing Craft Alcohol Packaging published in Design Edge Canada.
Two of the beer labels we designed for Longwood Brewery – Stoutnik and SteamPunk Dunkel – were featured in a new book by Daniel Bellon, Cool Beer Labels: The Best Art & Design from Breweries Around the World.
Our studio was featured in the “Fresh” section of Communication Arts
Coven Vodka featured in Under Consideration Quarterly, Issue Q4-2103
An article about our studio in Orchard & Vine Magazine (see page 12)
Stoutnik featured in a Paper Specs Inspiration Video
Cover story in our home-town paper, the Nanaimo Daily News
Two of the brands we created for Longwood Brewery (The Big One and Berried Alive) featured in a Globe & Mail article about BC’s Craft Breweries
Stoutnik featured in Under Consideration Quarterly, Issue Q2, 2013
An article written by Leif, in Crush Magazine (a wine industry publication)
Article about Hired Guns Creative in Orchard & Vine Magazine
An article about us in Crush Magazine (a wine industry publication)